The Billing Coordinator has established day-to-day activities and responsibilities. This includes preparing invoices, corresponding with Account Services, and preparing their individual metrics. Will also receive various one-time and limited projects from the team lead, Billing Supervisor and/or Manager.
The Billing Coordinator works independently a majority of the time. In general, the Billing Coordinator might be charged with any of the activities that need to be performed on an ongoing basis for the successful completion of a client invoice.
- Reviews media or collateral orders for accuracy, prepares the orders for billing, and generates client invoices in the AdVision or Workbook.
- Maintains the client master in Beacon. Creates new client accounts, as well as updates addresses, contacts, branch association, billing profile options, or activating/inactivating accounts.
- Responsible for validating and processing all prebill, credit/rebill, and discrepancy requests in a timely fashion. Responsible for following established policy/procedure for these requests.
- Uses the Workbook and/or ReportVision software to run billing reports of all types. This would include running the proforma checklist, billing edit lists, Unbilled (WIP) reports, tearsheet reports, and hold order reports. Must also be able to massage the data in these reports in applications such as Excel to meet the reporting needs of their customers.
- Responsible for accurately tracking their individual metrics and turning them in to the team lead in a timely fashion.
- Performs all of the research necessary to effectively resolve questions/issues raised by the Account Service, Media Reconciliation, or Collections departments in a timely, accurate way. Keeps the team lead apprised of projects or issues that may not be completed in a timely manner.
- Required to work effectively and cooperatively with the team lead, Media Reconciliation, and IT department representatives, the Account Service offices, and other third parties in accomplishing assignments, and in resolving issues and problems.
- Follows billing procedures and adheres to company policies. Suggests changes in policies and procedures for purposes of improving the responsiveness and efficiency of the department and/or the company.
- Vigilant in identifying problems of all types. When a problem is identified beyond the scope of his or her functions, such information must be immediately communicated to the Billing Supervisor.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing his/her duties effectively and on time. Helps others within the department and in other departments whenever able to.
- A good understanding of computer applications and is comfortable in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Is able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in a variety of settings. Must use acceptable grammar and must clearly and effectively communicate relevant information.
- Must be able to plan his/her activities in a way that ensures day-to-day duties are accomplished on time, and also that special projects are completed within the timeframes established for their completion.
- Pays attention to detail. Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner. Is able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Has effective organizational skills. Keeps files and work area organized.
- Is able to work independently, as well as with others.
- Has good work habits and is interested in increasing his/her knowledge in general, as well as in the area of billing and accounting.
- Previous billing experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Evidence of a Billing Coordinator’s abilities are apparent when internal/external customers seek out his/her advice on billing issues, for technical information, and for help on projects.
- Completes projects independently, appropriately, and on time.
- Is able to handle increasingly complex projects and will seek them out.
- A Billing Coordinator demonstrates his/her success when he/she is able to resolve issues independently and offer suggestions for process and policy improvements.
- Achievement is measured by complaints from co-workers or associates concerning performance issues.
- Achievement is measured by complaints concerning errors in invoices and other items under the control of the Billing Coordinator.
Join the global leader in talent acquisition technologies that’s committed to finding new ways to leverage software, strategy and creative to enhance our clients’ employer brands – across every connection point. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers. Relentless collaborators. And ferocious innovators. Talented individuals who are ready to work towards solutions that transform the way employers and job seekers connect.
Radancy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We actively work to create an inclusive environment where all of our employees can thrive.